What is a Big TV without Big Sound?
Your new slim TV may well deliver ever wider more enveloping pictures, but have you noticed how puny it sounds? Size limitations imposed by shrinking TV bezels mean that the speakers within them reproduce only of fraction of the bandwidth available from today’s DTV boxes, games consoles and media players. Our new ASB-10 compact Active Soundbar system, complete with optional active subwoofer and wide ranging wireless functionality, is expertly engineered to re-energise HD and UHD pictures with the rich, detailed, immersive sound you’ve been missing. Easily and oh so discreetly, your experience of TV is about to be transformed.
Movies, Music and Magic from the ASB-10
Equipped with a precision-tuned high performance 2.0 audio design comprising proprietary driver/amp pairings, integrated Dolby Digital processing and superior Bluetooth apt-X wire-free streaming, the super-slender ASB-10 will generate big audio dynamics from TV, games, discs and smartphones, to become the audio hub for every home.
Power, precision, performance in one
With a compact 90 x 94mm cross section and at just under a metre in length, the discreetly proportioned ASB-10 complements the look of flat screens from wall or table-top positions. Its slim moulded polymer cabinet with black cloth grille and stylish brushed aluminium end trims houses an array of four Monitor Audio 3” C-CAM bass drivers (assisted by a brace of passive bass radiators), and twin 25mm Gold Dome C-CAM tweeters. The ASB-10’s proprietary drive-unit configuration is powered by as many as four integral DSP-trimmed amplifiers, individually calibrated by Monitor Audio engineers for optimum audio control and response. From so slender a system the result is a size-defying success, injecting your music and film sound with greater scale, detail and rhythmic mid-bass definition.
Easy setup and operation
Installation couldn’t be any simpler. A single, easy, optical or coaxial SP-DIF link to the TV allows the ASB-10 to decode digital audio from connected sources. Activated automatically when a signal is received, the ABS-10’s on-board Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro-Logic II decoding ensures wide compatibility with film and games content. Dolby’s Virtual Speaker processing, which is designed to replicate a three-dimensional surround sound experience, is enabled via a button located on the front panel or remote handset. In addition the ASB-10 will energise streams of uncompressed CD-quality audio from your smartphones and tablets through its effortless Bluetooth apt-X wireless technology, and also accept legacy analogue sources via a 3.5mm stereo input.
- 2.0 Active Soundbar
- 100W delivered by four Class-D amplifiers for ample power and clarity
- Monitor Audio calibrated DSP processing provides precision fi lters and processing for all drivers individually
- 4 x 3” C-CAM metal cone bass mid-range drivers
- 2 x 25mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeters
- Compact dimensions for easy positioning beneath the TV, on-wall or cabinet location
- Digital wireless 2.4GHz transmitter built-in for lossless/uncompressed signal transfer to optional WS-10 sub
- Bluetooth for easy music playback from smartphone, tablet or PC featuring high quality ‘CD like’ apt-X codec
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro-Logic II and Dolby Virtual Speaker processing
- Optical and Coaxial SPDIF inputs
- Analogue input (3.5mm stereo jack)
- IR Remote control handset supplied
- Moulded polymer cabinet with black cloth grille and brushed aluminium end trims
- Dimensions H x W x D: 99 x 900 x 94mm
Frequency Response (-6dB)
65Hz – 20KHz
Bass/Mid-range: 2 x 30W
Tweeter: 2 x 20W
Drive Unit Complement
4 x 3” Bass/Mid-range drivers with C-CAM metal cone technology
2 x 25mm (1”) Gold C-CAM dome tweeter
Dual ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) system
Digital Optical (toslink), RCA (SPDIF)
Analogue 3.5mm Stereo jack
USB A – Update
Figure 8 IEC mains power socket
2.4GHz wireless sub-woofer
Remote Control: IR (infra-red) IR codes available
Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II,
Dolby Virtual speaker v2.0,
Bluetooth v4.0 with aptX
A.C Input Voltage
Class D amplifiers
<0.5W standby - ErP certified.
Charcoal Grey with black grille cloth
Dimensions (H x W x D)
99 x 900 x 94mm
(including grille, excluding rubber base)
ETL/ CE/ Fcc/CB/ Erp/Bluetooth/ Dolby laboratories Inc
Add a review