Monitor Audio has conceived the ASB-2 as the ultimate audio hub for the home. It can operate as a high quality soundbar beneath a TV monitor from rack or wall positions, but offers so much more than the conventional amalgam of left, centre, right speakers. Apple AirPlay®, DLNA® and UPnP enabled, the ASB-2 will deliver uncompressed music from files stored on PC or Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, Android or Windows phone, or streamed from Internet services. In addition to iTunes and DLNA compatible Apps, friends can connect and play directly to the ASB-2 without network access via Airstream Direct.
- Fully active, high performance soundbar system
- 5 discrete power amplifier stages - fully digital amp technology (class D)
- 160 watts total power delivery
- Wireless AirPlay®/ DLNA / UPnP music streaming
- Proprietary 3D spatial effects, consistent in quality irrespective of environment
- Digital coaxial input (S/PDIF) and optical input (Toslink)
- 3 x HDMI input
- Analogue stereo RCA inputs, 3.5mm Jack (auto-sensing between each input)
- RCA LFE sub-woofer output (auto sensing changes filter/crossover settings)
- USB port for service, FW update and Airplay network set up
- HDMI processing with HD 1080P and 3D pass through
- On-screen set up (OSD) – for all advanced audio features access
- TV remote will control volume via HDMI
- Local controls: volume up/down, power on/standby/sleep (single button scroll), HDMI (single button scrolling 1-3), digital (single button S/PDIF, Toslink - auto-sense), analogue (single button scrolling - AUX1, AUX2. auto-sense), connect/setup button, Airplay button (toggle on/off), mute (toggle on/off), 3D audio (on/off)
- Designed to fit Sanus™ TV mounting systems
- Optional sturdy wall bracket with cable hole access and template installation
- Silicon rubber stand included for secure cabinet top placement
3 x HDMI inputs
Digital coaxial input (S/PDIF)
Digital optical input (Toslink)
Analogue stereo RCA inputs, 3.5mm Jack
(auto-sensing between each input, via analogue switch)
HDMI output (supporting ARC)
RCA LFE sub-woofer output (auto sensing changes filter/crossover settings)
40Hz - 20kHz
Drive unit complement
2 x 51/2” (140mm) C-CAM subwoofers
2 x 4” (100mm) C-CAM midrange drivers
2 x 1” (25mm) Gold Dome C-CAM tweeters
Amplifier Power Output
Wireless AirPlay/ DLNA / UPnP music streaming
Power input voltage
Universal AC 100V - 240V, 50 - 60Hz
25lbs 6oz (11.52Kg)
Rated Power consumption
Standby power consumption
<0.5W (increased to 20W when HDMI passthrough is enabled)
5.1 Linear PCM
7.1 Linear PCM
Dimensions inc grille, excluding rubber base (HxWxD)
180 x 1005 x 167mm
(71/16 x 399/16 x 69/16 Inches)
Proprietary 3D spatial effects; consistent quality irrespective of environment
USB port for service, Firmware update and Airplay network set up
HDMI processing with HD 1080P and 3D pass through
On-screen set up (OSD) – for all advanced audio features access
TV remote will control volume via HDMI
Volume up/down, power on/standby/sleep (single button scroll),
HDMI (single button scrolling 1-3), digital (single button S/PDIF, Toslink - auto-sense),
analogue (single button scrolling - AUX1, AUX2. auto-sense), connect/setup button,
Airplay button (toggle on/off), mute (toggle on/off), 3D audio (on/off)
Freestanding (placed on Silicon rubber support stand - Included)
Wall Mounted onto Monitor Audio dedicated sturdy wall bracket (Optional)
Wall Mounted onto Sanus™ VMA202 TV mounting system
(Including cable hole access and template installation)
Volume Up: 88771866
Volume Down: 8877047A
ASB-2 in TechRadar's Top 10 Best Soundbars
TechRadar has listed the ASB-2 in its Top 10 Best Soundbars!
"it has some top drawer acoustic tech under the hood"
"...the ASB-2 alone is capable of filling smaller rooms with a pleasingly resonant and meaty soundfield."
More on the ASB-2 Review here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/av-accessories/monitor-audio-asb-2-1235155/review
Collecting a galaxy of stars, “fantastic” ASB-2 raises the bar at TechRadar
TechRadar’s James Rivington found plenty to love about our fabulously equipped ASB-2 soundbar. Scoring the design maximum or near maximum stars in five performance categories, he says “not everyone has the space to erect a tub-thumping 7.1 mega home cinema system in their living room, and with TVs and the sound they produce getting thinner every year, the soundbar is becoming a popular alternative. The Monitor Audio ASB-2 is a mightily impressive option, delivering excellent sound quality for movies, games and music as well as wireless compatibility with some of today's hottest gadgets… This is a fantastic soundbar offering superb sound for movies from a compact system. The sound is warm and rich and while shackled to the limitations of the form factor, never feels like it's under delivering…hardly an impulse buy, but it proves its worth with a raft of nifty features and excellent sound performance.”
ASB-2 wows at the AVTech Awards 2013/2014
Monitor Audio's ASB-2 has been presented another award! This time by AVTech Media for it's dynamism and versatility, being named as their best high-end soundbar:
"...its sound is big in scale, high-frequency effects are crystal-clear and all-important dialogue is weighty but authentic. This neat-looking, full-size networked soundbar has another role to play, as offering AirPlay and DLNA music playback via Wi-Fi means the ASB-2 can also function as a high-quality audio dock"
Read the full feature in AVTech Media's 2013/2014 Awards supplement, available free with the Christmas issues of Home Cinema Choice, Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and What Satellite and Digital TV.
Home Cinema Choice
Home Cinema Choice: ASB-2 Review
Reviewer Danny Phillips has assessed Monitor Audio's ASB-2 in the new issue of Home Cinema Choice, awarding the soundbar a full five stars:
"Sometimes you get a soundbar that's cut from a different cloth, taking a more refined approach to design and sound quality. The ASB-2 from Monitor Audio is one of those."
"The ASB-2 is powerful and polished in equal measure, with punchy, authoritative bass, clear, decisive mids and jaw-dropping detail reproduction. In fact, it's the latter that sets the Monitor Audio apart. It digs out the sort of subtle textures that cheaper rivals gloss over. This gives the sound an irresistible and absorbing silkiness and fluidity."
Read the full review in the Christmas issue of Home Cinema Choice on sale now.
ASB-2 gets a trusted review
"...the ASB-2 is worth every penny. It’s beautifully built, looks stunning and delivers wonderful sound quality, the likes of which we rarely hear from a soundbar.
Throw in a first-rate feature list, which includes AirPlay, DLNA streaming and four HDMI inputs and you’ve got yourself one of the best soundbars money can buy..."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
One unit, Five stars.
What Hi-Fi? magazine knows that trying to create the effect of a 5.1 speaker package in a single soundbar is far from an easy challenge – can our ASB-2 soundbar live up to it?
"This level of musicality is difficult to pull off in a soundbar, but as we watch and listen to U2: 360° At The Rose Bowl, the Monitor Audio comes across as enthusiastic, with a good sense of timing. During Where The Streets Have No Name, the guitar intro sounds sharp and precise but there’s still a lovely flow to it. And, when the song bursts into life, so does the ASB-2."
Add a review
You might also like
- Stylish, Compact Subwoofer
- Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Class D amplifier
- Stereo/LFE RCA inputs
- 3 x Pre-set EQ settings
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
- 4 x Mass 10 speakers, a Mass centre and sub complete this compact and suprisingly powerful surround sound system
- 10” C-CAM® subwoofer driver
- 4” C-CAM® bass/mid drivers
- HiVe®II port technology
- Wall mountable/Optional floor stand
- Compact Soundbar
- 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- Front and side ported
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
- Dedicated bracket included