From the towering Bronze Six, the most complete New Bronze speaker, music and home theatre lovers can appreciate the full-range flavour of our forty year design heritage. Its deceptively compact cabinet supports two 6 1/2” C-CAM bass drivers operating in tandem with a further 6 1/2” mid-range unit housed in a dedicated chamber. In this way matching drivers tuned for different roles are able to develop a wonderfully uniform, tonally consistent sound-field involving seismic low bass and richly coherent mid-range detail, which rises in frequency to meet the illuminating resolution of our fabulous Bronze C-CAM tweeter. Here is New Bronze in tooth and claw, alive to its ambitious audiophile design precedents and equipped with a compelling mix of accuracy, scale and dynamics for the highest value music and home theatre audio.
Speaker stand depicted in image gallery, courtesy of Atacama.
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Optimised 6 1/2” mid-range driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- Dual 6 1/2” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone profile
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system - higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension
- HiVe® port technology
- All drivers feature single bolt-through driver systems, for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Floor-level terminal panel for easy termination and neat cable access. Bi-wire/ Bi-amp terminal configuration
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
2 1/2 Way
34Hz - 30kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA @1M – each)
Power Handling R.M.S.
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Bass section - Front/rear bass reflex with HiVe®II Port technology. Sealed mid-range enclosure.
LF: -6dB @ 150Hz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6 1/2" C-CAM® bass
1 x 6 1/2" C-CAM® bass mid-range driver
1 x 25 mm gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D)
985 x 185 x 315 mm
(38 3/4 x 7 5/16 x 12 3/8 inches)
Complete Dimensions inc grille, terminals, plinths and spikes: (H x W x D)
1033 x 235 x 350 mm
(40 11/16 x 9 1/4 x 13 3/4 inches)
16.6kg (36lbs 8oz)
"Phenomenal speakers" Bronze 6 floorstanders
Monitor Audio's Bronze 6 floorstanding speaker has been awarded the Soundstage Access Reviewer's Choice; with reviewer Hans Wetzel commending the ability of the Bronze 6 whilst being such an affordable speaker:
"The Monitors soundstaged superbly to re-create the explosive nature of the proceedings, with coherent, convincing center fill, precise imaging, and a surprising sense of depth."
"The speaker’s treble response was clean and extended, without glare or brightness -- but here, too, there seemed to be a slight emphasis in the lower treble that produced commendable sparkle and spaciousness."
"This killer loudspeaker is a high-water mark of audio value."
After a 36hr run in time for the new pair of Bronze 6 and new cables (6mm of copper), I can safely say "buy them". The drama, the detail, the presence in the room, the music has become something else, living and breathing as the artist intended. I don't want to just listen to my favourite tracks, I want to feel them. No need for a sub, the full dynamic range is present and fast. Just buy them.
Add a review
You might also like
- 10” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- Class-D Amplifier
- Switch Mode power supply
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- Outstanding 2 1/2-way floorstander
- 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing