The luxury CP-IW260X and CP-IW460X in-wall speakers combine Monitor Audio’s latest drivers in compact three-way, five-driver configurations, built into closed-box designs to deliver optimum audio performance. The CP-IW460X features Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) cone material with RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) deployed in dual 6.5” bass drivers and twin 4” mids astride a high frequency, air motion ribbon tweeter in a symmetrical ‘B-M-T-M-B’ configuration. All within a cast polymer cabinet with die-cast Aluminium baffle.
- Dual 6.5” C-CAM® bass drivers featuring RST® ‘dimpled’ cone technology
- Die-cast alloy bass driver chassis provides rigidity; results in punch bass and clean mid-range performance due to reduced transfer of vibrations
- Dual 4” C-CAM mid-range drivers featuring RST ‘dimpled’ cone and underhung voice coil technologies
- C-CAM Ribbon High Frequency transducer
- Innovative HF rotating system to facilitate portrait or landscape orientation
- Integrated back-box to provide rear sound isolation resulting in ‘controlled performance’
- Cast Polymer enclosure – designed to provide high degree of rigidity and acoustic damping properties
- High overall efficiency and maximum SPL for powerful home theatre installations
- High power handling
- Three-way design in a symmetrical ‘B-M-T-M-B’ configuration
- High-end crossover design – featuring low loss inductors and audiophile grade Polypropylene capacitors
- Patented Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping systems providing three times the surface area and improved sealing
- Trim-less, low profile magnetic grilles provide attractive, discreet visual aspect and easy installation and servicing
- Paintable grille to blend with the living environment
50Hz - 60kHz (-6dB typical in room response)
Maximum SPL (@1M. Installed/in room)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
60 - 150W
Crossover Frequency / Slope
L.F - 500Hz @ 12dB/Octave M.F -500Hz @ 12dB/Octave. 3KHz @ 18dB/Octave H.F - 3KHz @ 18dB/Octave
Drivers Unit Complement
2 x 6.5” C-CAM® Bass drivers with RST® cone technology 2 x 4” C-CAM Mid-range drivers with RST cone technology 1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
Boundary Compensation (On/Off) MF Level: +1/0/-1 (dB) HF Level: +1/0/-1 (dB)
Overall Dimensions:(including grille) (H x W)
907 x 257mm (35 3/4” x 10 1/8”)
Overall Depth:(including grille)
Cut Out Dimensions:(H x W)
880 x 230 mm ( 34 21/32” x 9”)
96mm (3 3/4” )
10 x Tri-Grip® Dog leg fixings
Cast Polymer enclosure with die-cast Aluminium baffle (RoHS2 Compliant)
12.98kg (28lb 6oz)
Residential Systems Reviews CP-IW260X & CP-IW460X!
Here is a fantastic review on the CP-IW460X as well as the CP-IW260X by John Sciacca from Residential Systems! John says the speakers have "sound quality that will make you forget you're listening to an in-wall."
"Turning on the 460X’s was like removing the proverbial veil from the sound, releasing this sense of space and delicacy around every recording, and letting every note stand clear and ready to be appreciated."
More great quotes are below:
"The audio is airy, open, detailed, lightning-quick, and effortless."
"The ribbon tweeter is so fast and revealing, it excels at extracting the fine details from any delicate parts of a recording; taking loving, kid gloves to stringed instruments, female vocals, piano notes, cymbal work, and the like, carefully polishing them up, and delivering them in glorious, refined detail."
"The 460X’s captured the aching detail in her voice, even the nearly indistinct sound of her lips parting as she opens her mouth to sing." "If you have been skeptical of high-resolution audio, not thinking you could hear or appreciate the detail, the 460X’s will take you to church and make you a believer." "...even at these extreme volume levels, the 460X’s delivered audio that was clean, loud, and oh-so-danceable, without being fatiguing or harsh on the ears. At high volumes these speakers make your walls disappear and have you forget you aren’t listening to a tower."
Where the In-Wall Meets the Audiophile
"From the mayhem of people shouting during a scene in The Revenant, to the crashing of buildings and the pounding synthesizer bass lines in Deadpool that could be felt throughout the room, the CP-IW460X managed to effectively recreate these movies in all their respective glory"
"These are the first in-wall speakers I can actually say are good enough to replace standalone speakers for both home theatre and two-channel applications"
Pages 28 & 29
Monitor Audio debuts high-end Controlled Performance in-wall speakers
"Monitor Audio has expanded its architectural loudspeaker line-up with two new flagship Controlled Performance in-wall models. The CP-IW260X and CP-IW460X sport compact three-way, five-driver configurations, built into a closed-box design. The duo are fronted by trimless magnetic grilles.
The speakers, which have been designed for music and home cinema sound, employ a high-end design and use technology tickled down from the brand’s top-end free standing line-up. C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) doped cones are deployed in a dual 6.5-inch bass driver, twin 4-inch mid and tweeter (‘B-M-T-M-B’) configuration."
Add a review
You might also like
- In Wall Subwoofer
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- 10” C-CAM® bass driver with RDT®
- Flat cone technology
- Push type terminals
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel