Gold 200, the first of new Gold's floor-standers is also the most compact. Amazing scale and impressive dynamic control are available from this slender three-way design, comprising the improved pair matched ribbon, twin 5.5" bass drivers and a 4" mid-range driver, which is housed in a dedicated enclosure. With high overall efficiency, wide bandwidth and vanishingly low distortion, the Gold 200's Platinum DNA is ready to be experienced.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe®II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) drivers
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
35 Hz - 60 kHz
Nominal Impedance (ohms)
Maximum S.P.L (dBA)
Power Handling - R.M.S. (W)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W)
100 - 150
Bass reflex - HiVe®II port system
L.F - M.F: 400 Hz
M.F - H.F: 2.6 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 5.5" RST® bass driver
1 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® H.F ribbon transducer
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD)
951 x 170 x 300 mm
(377/16 x 611/16 x 1113/16 inch)
Complete Dimensions Inc Terminals, Plinths & Spikes (HxWxD)
995 x 274 x 370
(393/16 x 1013/16 x 149/16)
22.2kg (48lb 14oz)
Gold 200AV - Trusted Reviews Recommended
Our Gold series has received further acclaim, this time from seasoned industry reviewer Danny Phillips. The Gold 200AV 5.1 system has left a lasting impression for its balance of powerful yet detailed sound, earning a Trusted Reviews Recommended badge!
"With a scary amount of power on board, you get a huge soundstage with slamming explosions and deep omnidirectional bass from the superb subwoofer. And as I’ve come to expect from Monitor Audio, the sound is refined, articulate, thrilling and packed with detail."
"Compelling sound quality, jaw-dropping design and flexible setup make Monitor Audio’s high-end speaker system an outstanding proposition."
"Exemplary" Gold 200 sets a new standard for TED Magazine!
The team at French tech publication TED Magazine have been left in awe of our Gold 200 floorstanding speaker!
"I knew the GX50 and their impressive bass performance very well, and I was expecting an even more percussive result with the Gold 200, I was not deceived!"
Remarking on the scale and quality of sound reproduction, they were left amazed by the Gold 200's capabilities as it tackled a selection of music and film genres with ease.
"the impact and the depth of the bass are of of a level of quality rarely heard on speakers with such a small foot print"
"The voice reproduction is incredibly precise and three dimensional, the piano, the saxophone and the percussion are fantastic. The panorama of the two Golds extends across the entire front wall of my room, even if there's only two. I have to open my eyes to place them physically."
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Stars galore for the Gold 200!
September’s Hi-Fi Choice magazine welcomes our new Gold series with a glittering first review of the Gold 200.
Awarding maximum stars for sound, build quality and value, reviewer David Price says this “classy, versatile and highly capable floorstander” offers “a great depth of engineering” and “an intrinsic rightness and consistency that makes even complex productions so listenable”.
He says the Gold 200 delivers “a most impressive sound – snappy, spacious, fast and open… that makes for a vivid, seat-of-the-sofa listening experience.” Excellent driver integration provides “an open window into the recording”, and bass is “lithe and tuneful”.
Read the full review here or in issue 401 of Hi-Fi Choice.
By far the best quality for their price money can buy!
If you are serious about buying one of the best speakers in its price range then look no further than Monitor Audio's Gold Series, specifically the 200 or 300. I am a long time buyer of Monitor Audio speakers-now on my 3rd pair. I recently, upgraded to the MA Gold 200s from the Silver 10s. While the Silver 10s are a excellent speaker, the Gold 200s are a solid step up in quality and performance. The sound is beyond amazing and the fit and finish is the best that I have seen. I looked at other speakers costing several thousand dollars more. But by spending upwards of $7K to $8K, would I get that much more performance? Doubtful. MA has been in business for years and know how to make great sounding speakers. Most listeners choose the Golds vs other brands when conducting an audition. Once you hear them, you will want them. ..that I am sure of.
Add a review
You might also like
- 2 Way, 2 Driver Flagship Bookshelf Speaker
- 1 x 6 1/2" RDT®II bass / mid driver
- 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
- Single rear HiVe®II port
- Hand upholstered leather front baffle
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- Luxuriously finished 3-Way floorstander
- Updated Twin 6 1/2” RST® C-CAM® bass drivers
- Updated 4” RST C-CAM midrange driver
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grille
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology