Standing at over a metre tall the Gold 300 is a majestic three-way floor-standing loudspeaker comprising twin 6.5" bass drivers, a single 4" mid-range driver and a high frequency ribbon transducer. With such an impressive complement of drivers, the Gold 300 has the power delivery and scale required to fill the largest rooms with jaw-dropping dynamics as well as the finest musical detail. Extending from below 30Hz to over 60kHz, its frequency range is among the widest available from any speaker, regardless of price.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe®II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- New C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
30 Hz - 60 kHz
Nominal Impedance (ohms)
Maximum S.P.L (dBA)
Power Handling - R.M.S. (W)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W)
100 - 200
Bass reflex - HiVe®II port system
L.F - M.F: 790 Hz
M.F - H.F: 2.3 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6.5" RST® bass driver
1 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® H.F ribbon transducer
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD)
1060 x 210 x 330 mm
(413/4 x 81/4 x 13 inch)
Complete Dimensions Inc Terminals, Plinths & Spikes (HxWxD)
1105 x 317 x 370
(431/2 x 121/2 x 149/16)
27.2kg (59lb 14oz)
The Absolute Sounds Magazine
Style Meets Substance
Every detail of his gravelly diction came nearly as alive as if he were in the room. Fiddle and acoustic guitar, too, were reproduced with noteworthy naturalness.
"Beautifully designed" Gold 300 & W15 Subwoofer
A full five stars for our Gold 300 floorstanding speaker and Gold W15 subwoofer!
Reviewer Bob Barrett tests the 2.1 Gold series setup with an array of music and film; putting it to the test and experiencing what the series has to offer:
"the soundstage was very wide, again compliments of the ribbon transducer. And the Gold 300 speakers reproduced it all with the tonal neutrality found among only the best loudspeakers."
"The W15 provided an excellent deep-bass foundation, adding to the scale and impact of this selection."
"The beautifully designed Monitor Audio Gold Series system is the best-sounding surround system at its price point that I’ve ever heard, period."
Big Consensus of Three Magazines makes our G300AV the Best!
Pooling the expertise of three specialist magazines: Hi Fi News, Hi Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice, the UK’s AV Tech Awards are the best guide to performance you can get. So we’re really delighted that our new Gold 300AV system has been handed AV Tech’s ‘Best High-End Speaker System’ Award. The citation says “the Gold 300AV is a high-end system for serious cinephiles, capable of immense scale and power, yet subtlety and precision too. It’s immediately engaging, grasping you by the senses and pulling you into a movie with ease. If you’re looking for the gold standard in multichannel audio, this is it…”
Home Cinema Choice
Gold 5.1 is a stunner!
October’s edition of Home Cinema Choice hosts a stunning review debut for the Gold 300AV 5.1 system. Awarding a Best Buy (rare at the price level) and five glorious stars in every category: Performance, Design, Features and Overall, the magazine’s home theatre doyen Adam Rayner concludes “So, the Gold 300AV costs plenty but offers enormity. It has the might and it has clarity. It can play sweet and linear at low levels or it can frighten the neighbours’ neighbours. The sheer bandwidth on tap is amazing and in truth, after admiring the design and finish and a little experimentation with the sub’s EQ settings, you’ll rapidly forget about the enclosures. The sound is immediately engaging, grasping you by the senses and dragging you into a movie with ease. With the Gold 300AV you get delicious performance in every direction. You could pay more and get less. Best buy, easy.”
Read the full review here or in the October 2015 issue of Home Cinema Choice.
Hi-Fi News Magazine
Gold 300 - 'An Audiophile Bargain'!
Monitor Audio's Gold 300 has wowed esteemed reviewer John Bamford in another brilliant feature. Marvelling at the technology and premium finish, John awarded our floorstanding speaker the Hi-Fi News Outstanding Product badge!
"Priced considerably less than a king's ransom, this classy floorstander commands attention to the music, sounding open-mouthed and extended over an unusually wide frequency range"
Read the full review here or in the October 2015 issue of Hi-Fi News.
Add a review
You might also like
- Luxurious 3 Way Centre channel
- Updated Twin 6 1/2” RST® C-CAM® bass drivers
- Updated 4” RST C-CAM mid drivers
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grille
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- 3 Way, 4 Driver Flagship Floorstanding Speaker
- 2 x 6 1/2" RDT®II long-throw bass drivers
- 1 x 4" RDT II mid-range driver
- 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
- Two HiVe®II ports, Sealed mid-range TLE enclosure
- Hand upholstered leather front baffle