The compact two-way MASS 10 satellite speaker utilises a 1-inch C-CAM® and A 4-inch C-CAM mid-bass driver. The MASS 10 satellite can be wall mounted or used with the dedicated MASS floor-stand.
- 4” bass midrange driver featuring C-CAM® cone technology.
- Specially developed 1” C-CAM tweeter design featuring unique venting and rear loading chamber – low resonance design to provide clean, pure sound.
- Damped polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing.
- The curved shape helps to eliminate un-wanted standing waves.
- Single point fixing (1/4” UNC) for universal wall bracket installation (not provided).
- Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using binding post type connection.
- Single bolt through driver and bracing system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity.
- Single rear mounted port featuring HiVe® technology for clean, powerful, punchy bass.
- Black cloth finish with contrasting solid aluminium end caps.
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
80Hz – 30kHz
1 x 4" C-CAM Bass/Mid-range Driver
1 x 25mm C-CAM® tweeter
with vented loading system
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Power Handling with amplifier crossover set to 100hz (RMS)
Power Handling (individual)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Recommended High Pass Crossover Frequency
Reflex Rear Ported
Overall Dimensions (H x W x D)
224 x 128 x 128 mm
813/16 x 51/16 x 51/16 Inches
1.65kg (3lb, 10oz)
"It sounds bigger than it actually is."
AV Forums tried Mass out, and asked "Can this unusually styled set of speakers take the fight to the category champions?"
Well, with a shiny 'AV Forums Recommended' award, it would appear that MASS certainly can! "MASS manages the most important achievement of any sub/sat system - it sounds bigger than it actually is."
"The use of identical satellites means that the handover from speaker to speaker is seamless and this further aids the sense of being in the thick of the action. The reproduction of fine detail is extremely convincing and like its larger brethren, the MASS achieves this without needing to drive the bolts out of it - although you can push it fairly hard without it hardening up."
BBC Music Magazine
5 Stars for Mass from BBC Music Magazine
"The power produced by the diminutive satellite speakers is nothing short of breathtaking-this level of sound seems to have no business emanating from a system of this size...This is, pound for pound, one of the finest 5.1 systems I have across and one that is equally at home with music as it is with full movie surround."
Sound & Vision Magazine
Sound & Vision Magazine: MASS Test Report
Sound & Vision magazine has examined Monitor Audio's own MASS 5.1 speaker package in a detailed Test Report. Esteemed reviewer Al Griffin gave his opinion of the system:
"Monitor Audio has distilled the know-how that informs its higher-end speaker lines into a compact speaker package aimed at home theater newbies, I can't help but envy them."
"With MASS, not only will they get a full 5.1 system at an affordable price, but...the experience is sure to exceed their expectations"
Read the full review in the September 2013 issue of Sound & Vision magazine.
Home Cinema Choice
MASS Review in Home Cinema Choice Magazine
Mark Craven, editor of Home Cinema Choice magazine, is not one to hand over awards lightly. He’s seduced however by the MASS package: perfectly formed and priced, and complete with a mule’s kick in the bass department. He says “put into action with film soundtracks, the MASS system simply shines…the sound is crisp, detailed and utterly immersive. Overall, Monitor Audio’s newest product lineup is the perfect partner for a mid-range AVR in a living room cinema setup. Everything from the build quality and design to movie and (sub assisted) music performance impresses.”
Read the full review in Home Cinema Choice magazine issue 217.
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Small system, big sound, massive achievement.
It shouldn’t be possible for such room-filling sound to come from so space-friendly a system – yet it does! The experts at What Hi-Fi? have experienced a few unlikely outcomes in their time, but nothing as downright astonishing as the performance of our latest miracle of precision engineering: the highly bijou MASS AV system. And they’ve taken it to their hearts, awarding it five stars and price-class winner at this year’s What Hi-Fi? Awards. The team says:
'What struck us immediately was the sense of scale and power - for such petite speakers, we were blown away by the big and confident output of sound. And they’re certainly capable of filling a decent-sized room as well; our testing rooms were engulfed in seamless, controlled soaring dynamics.'
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- 2-Way bookshelf speaker
- 5.5” C-CAM® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Magnetic grille fixing
- Wall/stand/bookshelf Hi-Fi mini monitor
- 4” C-CAM® bass driver, 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- Stand mountable on dedicated stand
- HiVe®II port technology
- Use with optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
"The simple pleasure of natural sound"
Our PL500 IIs stand tall in this Bristol Show 2016 roundup
Now featured in Bathroom & Kitchen Update (BKU) magazine