Sophisticated 2 1/2-way floorstanding system of twin 5 1/2" C-CAM® drivers and 1" C-CAM® tweeter.
- C-CAM® tweeter with bandwidth beyond 30kHz
- Twin 5 1/2 C-CAM® bass and mid-range drivers refined by FEA analysis.
- Single bolt-through drivers. A design feature which means the driver is not fixed to the front baffle and cannot transmit vibrations and therefore colouration to the cabinet.
- Improved cabinet rigidity and stability.
- HiVe®II port technology to speed the transit of air from the cabinet, resulting in more dynamic bass.
- High-quality terminal panels blend easy access with high-end functionality.
- Choice of four high quality vinyl wood finishes.
Frequency Response +/- 3dB
36Hz - 30kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
30 - 120 W
Dual chamber bass reflex – Ported front and rear. HiVe®II port technology
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass.
1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver.
1 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter.
LF: -6dB @ 400Hz
External Dimensions: (HxWxD mm)
850 x 166 x 248 mm
(868 x 215 x 282 - inc Plinth)
External Dimensions: (HxWxD inches)
33 7/16 x 6 9/16 x 9 3/4 inches
(34 3/16 x 8 7/16 x 11 1/8 - inc Plinth)
12 Kg (26.4 lbs)
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine's BX5 Review
The Monitor Audio BX5 displays it's all round ability in the most recent HiFi Choice magazine group test, earning the title of "HiFi Choice Recommended".
David Price said “It throws out masses of detail, yet really rocks when called upon to do so. It's a great all rounder”.
Read the full review in the December 2012 issue of Hi-Fi Choice.
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Bronzes get a gold star
'The easiest £500-ish floorstanders to live with we've heard in a good while - which is why these elegant Monitor Audios score the full five stars...Smooth looks and finish; unified, controlled and unthreatening sound'
Hi-Fi World Magazine
"The BX5 is a fun budget floorstander. Graced with a big sound yet a strong sense of balance and control it works well as a high fidelity all rounder...So with a wide range of ability, from it's great sense of scale and control with big performances it will appeal to all those who like their music strong and fast."
Bought a pair of BX5's and BX1's along with the matching centre speaker, coupled them up with an Onkyo TX-NR 626.
The sound quality is incredible given that these are supposedly 'entry level'...Enough said!
This C-CAM stuff is an amazing material. Not to mention the quality of manufacturing. Even the packaging couldn't be neater.
The level of after sales service is superb. I own a full set of Bronze speakers in a 7.1 setup and my friends are so jealous.
Amazing sound quality and service. What more could you ask for from a manufacturer? Go Monitor Audio!
David De Smet
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- 2 1/2 Way Floorstander
- Twin 6 1/2” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid driver
- HiVe®II port technology
- Choice of high quality vinyl wood finishes
- Magnetic grilles; no visible fixings
- Sleek Floorstander
- 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer