Dual-mode surround speaker with 5 1/2" C-CAM® bass/mid-range driver flanked by two 1" C-CAM® tweeters on angled baffles, for amazing surround effects.
- Acoustically matched with all other BX loudspeakers for excellent surround sound imaging and consistent timbre.
- Switchable dual-mode design for direct or ambient sound.
- 5 1/2" C-CAM® bass and mid-range drivers refined by FEA analysis.
- C-CAM® tweeter with bandwidth beyond 30kHz.
- Single bolt-through drivers. A design feature which means the driver is not fixed to the front baffle and cannot transmit vibrations and therefore colouration to the cabinet.
- Improved cabinet rigidity and stability.
- High-quality terminal panels blend easy access with high-end functionality.
- Choice of four high quality vinyl wood finishes.
Frequency Response +/- 3dB
65Hz - 30kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
25 - 80 W
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver.
2 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
External Dimensions: (HxWxD mm)
287 x 276 x 105 mm
(118 deep inc grille & bracket)
External Dimensions: (HxWxD inches)
11 5/16 x 10 7/8 x 4 1/8 inches
(4 5/8 deep inc grille & bracket)
3.62 Kg (8 lbs)
"Sounds almost as good as systems costing twice as much"
Reviewing a system of BX2s, BXFXs, a BX Centre and the BXW12 Subwoofer, Trusted reviews recommended this system, along with a 9/10 rating.
"Once again, Monitor Audio comes up trumps with a home cinema speaker system that delivers a detailed, powerful and seamlessly integrated sound...you don’t have to pay through the nose for this superb performance, which makes the Bronze BX2 AV a real bargain and one of the best speaker systems of 2010."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
First Tests - BX2 AV System
'Good looks, good finish, good spec; wide-open, controlled and dynamic sound...Thrillingly fit for purpose, the Bronze BX 5.1 is money very well spent.'
I am honoured to leave a message on your official site.
My name is Lawrence, I'm 34, and I have just received a BX setup for my birthday.
I have known your brand for a few years, and every time that I was lucky enough to listen [to your products] I said that one day I will have Monitor Audio in my living room!
Unfortunately at the time, I could not allow myself to purchase them. So I waited...
The BX series allowed me to achieve this goal.. Mission accomplished for two reasons.
The first one is that this series is still at an affordable price.
The second and most important in my eyes (ears??), Is that it sounds divinely! What musicality at this price!
Everything is here! The low end is now mastered, mediums velvet, and the twirling highs are never aggressive ... Pure happiness!
Electronically soft and well made, I finally found it warm and friendly as I expected, with a formidable momentum.
I really have listened to everything for more than thirty years (thank you Dad), and these speakers fly.
Flawless finish, undoubtedly mastered technology, the BX series deserves some attention.
When my friends listen they are still speechless, they do not lose a thing!
I had the opportunity to listen to the RX and GX series, and there... I actually wept with emotion.... Maybe one day I can access this "purely made" music... but it's not tomorrow...
I never lose an opportunity to brag about my equipment and eavesdroppers are always convinced!
A big thank you to Monitor Audio and above all for their vision and philosophy ...
You are truly the best, it's undeniable!
And that's why we must continue in this direction!
Once again thank you MA!
Add a review
You might also like
- 2-way in-ceiling FX speaker
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® bass driver, 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeters
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- B-pole or Di-pole modes
- High frequency level adjustment
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- 10” C-CAM® Subwoofer
- Class D Amplifier
- Switch mode power supply
- High quality vinyl wood finishes
- Dedicated surround channel
- 6” C-CAM® bass/mid drivers with RST®
- Bi-pole/di-pole switch
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood veneers or high gloss piano finishes