Majestic 3-way floorstander, comprising the GX high frequency ribbon transducer and twin 6 1/2” bass drivers below a 4” midrange driver housed in a dedicated enclosure.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe® port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss piano finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect
30 Hz - 60 kHz
Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
100 - 200 W
Bass reflex - HiVe port system
L.F - M.F: 790 Hz
M.F - H.F: 2.3 kHz
Drive Unit Compliment
2 x 6.5" RST bass driver
1 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
External Dimensions (HxWxD)
1060 x 210 x 330 mm
(413/4 x 81/4 x 13 inch)
27.2 Kg (59.9 lbs)
HiFi+ GX300 Review
In the current issue of HiFi+ (on sale now) the big brother's of the Gold GX range - the GX300s are under a full detailed 3 page review and we weren't disappointed with the results:
"These are good, unfussy loudspeakers that don't force the listener into a bout of audiophilia nervosa. Buy 'em, keep 'em, love 'em!"
"Ultimately the Monitor Audio sound is one that is big and impressive. It casts a wide sounstage, with full-sized, solid instruments in their own sense of space within that soundstage. It goes loud too. All this, combined with the extension of top and bottom, gives you a sense of immediate impressiveness".
Read the full review in April's issue of HiFi+ available now.
Home Cinema Choice
Setting the Gold Standard
Home Cinema Choice magazine gives their verdict on the Gold GX Series with an all round 5 star approval across the board.
In the latest January 2012 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine our Gold GX series was reviewed, tried and tested for performance, design and features and then rewarded with a fantastic overall review of 5/5 stars across the categories.
Here's a snippet taken from the full review "Running through Pirates...had me scribbling all sorts of notes ('huge, rich, foundation-shifting bass with power and grip'; 'nil flex on the 15in piston'; 'Exciting, musical and able to create a sense of scale'), but all you need to know is that I loved this system with a passion."
The low frequencies are complete even at low volume and high frequencies are always very refined.
The punch is always present but never dominant, even in large rooms.
Rarely i'm so satisfied with a purchase like for this GX300.
I am really convinced that Monitor Audio demonstrate that they really do care about their end user's satisfaction by these visits to me.
The speakers are exceptional and the second pair of Monitor Audio speakers I have owned, running these alongside some ten year old GS30s which still perform well.
The GX300 pair are driven by four monoblocks which deliver just over a 1000 watts to these beautifully finished items of performance furniture.
Thank you Monitor Audio much appreciated. DP
Add a review
You might also like
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- Dual-mode surround speaker
- C-CAM Drivers; 6 1/2” bass, 2 x 4" mid-range
- Ribbon transducer, 2 x gold dome tweeters
- Monopole/di-pole switch
- Perfect accompaniment to GX or Platinum AV system
- Premium quality wood/gloss finishes
- 3-Way Flagship Floorstander Speaker
- 2 x 8” C-CAM® RDT® bass drivers
- C-CAM ribbon transducer and 4" mid-range
- HiVe®II port technology
- Real wood veneers or black gloss piano lacquer