The PL-InWall incorporates twin 6 1/2" RDT® bass drivers, a 4" RDT mid-range driver and the Platinum ribbon tweeter. PL-InWall is a true wide-bandwidth speaker system with an astonishing 52Hz-100KHz range. Finished in a piano black lacquer.
- Twin 6 1/2"C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) bass drivers with RDT® (Rigid Diaphragm Technology)
- 4" C-CAM mid-range driver and high frequesncy ribbon transducer
- High power handling and SPL capability for serious high end theatre systems.
- Wide frequency bandwidth to enhance HD audio and Blu-ray reproduction.
- ARC® (Anti-Resonance Composite) baffle construction
- Full 3-way design
- Rotating mid-range/HF housing to provide Horizontal or Vertical orientation.
- CNC Machined ARC baffle construction providing rigid, non resonant fixing to the wall.
- Rigid MDF shell with steel back panel.
- Suitable for retro-fit installation.
- Tri-Grip dog leg fixings (10 locations).
- Magnetic grille assembly - No visible fixings.
52 Hz - 100 kHz
Maximum S.P.L (each)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
100 - 200 W
Mid / H.F Crossover Frequency
Bass Low Pass Crossover Frequency
Drive Unit Compliment
2 x 61/2" long-throw RDT® bass drivers
1 x 4" RDT® mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® high frequency ribbon transducer
External Dimensions with Grille (HxWxD)
1205 x 330 x 116 mm
(477/16 x 13 x 49/16 inch)
External Dimensions excl. Grille (HxWxD)
1205 x 330 x 102 mm
(477/16 x 13 x 4 inch)
Cut Out Depth
97.5mm (3 13/16 inch)
25 Kg (55lbs)
In the interest of full disclosure please note the following: I work in the AV industry and sell MA product.
Being lucky enough to work on the AV retail industry I have had the opportunity to build a bespoke home cinema room and will soon be building a second at a new property. I decided much to my wife's pleasure to go for a clean modern look to the room and use the PL in walls for LCR channels. At the time it was purely for the aesthetics but I can honestly say that on completion I was over the moon with the sound quality and after a year of use It still confuses me that something just 4" deep can produce such sound. Hats off to the guys at MA for creating such a product and I will be definitely be using the same in my new house.
We do not sell many of these speakers which is why I felt they needed some sort of review because if you are building a home cinema and require a discreet solution then I cannot think of anything better. Sure, they cost more than pretty much most other in wall speakers on the market but they really are that good!
Add a review
You might also like
- Advanced 3-way in-wall speaker
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 4” C-CAM RST inverted midrange driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High and mid frequency level adjustments (3dB), Boundary compensation control
- In-wall 3-way surround channel speaker
- Bespoke grille cloth design option
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 4” C-CAM IDC® midrange driver
- Quick and easy installation
- High frequency level adjustment
- Adds deep bass frequencies to architectural speaker systems
- Excels in a range of wall, ceiling, even floor locations
- Range consists of; Sub, Backbox and Amp
- Tri-Grip® clamping system
- Incredibly Discreet
- Wider retrofit possibilities without Backbox