Flagship 3-Way floorstander speaker with twin 2 x 6 1/2” long-throw RDT® bass drivers, 4” C-CAM® midrange driver and high frequency ribbon transducer. Finished with hand-upholstered leather baffles and luxurious piano gloss.
- Single Ported HiVe® II technology
- Sealed Mid-range TLE® (Tapered Line Enclosure)
- 2 x 6 1/2” long-throw C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) bass drivers with RDT® (Rigid Diaphragm Technology)
- 1 x 4” RDT mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM high frequency ribbon transducer
- ARC® (Anti-Resonance Composite) baffles, plinths and mid-range driver housing
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in black Ingleston premium grade leather.
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood veneer with clear gloss piano lacquer, Ebony veneer with clear gloss piano lacquer, Piano black gloss.
35 Hz - 100 KHz
Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
100 - 250 W
Rear Ported HiVe®II technology
Sealed Mid-range TLE®
Mid / H.F Crossover Frequency
Bass Low Pass Crossover Frequency
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 61/2 long-throw RDT® bass drivers
1 x 4" RDT® mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® high frequency ribbon transducer
External Dimensions including fixed plinth (HxWxD)
998 x 360 x 375 mm
(395/16 x 143/16 x 143/4 inches)
Weight (each) Including Plinth
33Kg (72.7 lbs)
Platinum PL200 Review by Audiophilia
"We are proud to award the Monitor Audio Platinum PL200 Loudspeakers an Audiophilia Star Component Award. Congratulations!"
"I recalled a classic quote from Oscar Wilde: ‘I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.’"
"The lifelike soundstage (Carnegie Hall!) revealed by the PL200s was exceptional."
"Wow! The PL200s could really handle high volume."
"By digging for gold, I hit platinum with the Monitor Audio PL200 speakers. With such extraordinary performance ... the PL200s are competitive with speakers that cost much more. And, the PL200s offer an additional unexpected plus: When the volume is low, the sound quality is still outstanding."
Home Cinema Choice
PL200 AV 5.1 system 'Best speaker system over £5,000'
"If you're speccing a high-end cinema room, you can't afford to ignore it"
"The impeccably finished PL200 offers a balanced performance from top to bottom...Through the PL200's I heard details of orchestration that simply had not been apparent before...When it came to transparency-the PL200 once again performed like a champ..."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
'Baby' Monitor makes it big time
"Beautiful build and finish; fabulous cohesion and clarity; genuine scale and drive; agile, expressive stereo presentation...Exceptional in every sense."
Home Cinema Choice
PL200 AV 5.1 system shows what high end audio is all about
Home cinema choice was thoroughly impressed with PL200, Awarding them 'Reference status';
"I reckon we have another reference grade set on our hands here. A 5.1 system of true class"
"...while they add fabulous detail and edge, as well as incredible staging and placement to the system, they still allow truly offensive levels to be raised. I love them to bits and found that they also have a terrific linear response, which means they work just as sweetly at low levels and with music."
Hi-Fi World Magazine
"For sheer insight, breath-taking dynamics, razor-sharp imaging, glorious stage depth and deep thunderous bass they excel, managing to blend these elements into a sound with astonishing presence in the room."
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Awarded 'Editors choice';
"This top quality speaker features a cunningly shaped enclosure dressed in top quality veneer. Exceptional mid and treble voicing gives an open and neutral character."
Hi-Fi News Magazine
'Unashamedly luxurious with a high price to match, the PL200 nevertheless represents fine value given the immaculate finish and attention to detail...it delivers explicit, full-range sound in abundance and thus comes heartily commended.'
Awarded Editors Choice
Add a review
You might also like
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- 2 1/2 Way Centre Channel
- Twin 6 1/2” RDT® C-CAM® bass driver
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology
- Magnetic Grilles - no visible fixings
- 3-Way Flagship Floorstander Speaker
- 2 x 8” C-CAM® RDT® bass drivers
- C-CAM ribbon transducer and 4" mid-range
- HiVe®II port technology
- Real wood veneers or black gloss piano lacquer