The slightly larger and more versatile R180HD offers the same irresistible blend of virtues as the R90HD, but can be installed vertically as a main, side or rear speaker, or horizontally as a centre channel speaker using the bespoke low-profile wall bracket supplied. Its enhanced bass performance makes it ideal for discreet music applications around the home. Combined with a R360HD or R370HD subwoofer however, the R180HD will form part of a formidably powerful stereo or multi-channel home cinema system.
- 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- ARC® front baffle (Anti-Resonance Composite). Originally developed for our high-end Platinum series, ARC is a cast thermo-set polymer loaded with minerals to provide very inert, optimally damped components. It is ideal for high-end acoustic applications where a high degree of structural rigidity and vibration damping is required.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front firing port.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
60 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
10 - 100 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Bass reflex - rear ported
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone mid-bass driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): (inches)
350 x 125 x 105 mm
(13 3/4 x 4 15/16 x 4 1/8)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
2.8 (6 1/8)
Add a review