The R270HD is a super-slim floor-standing loudspeaker designed for genuine full-range performance in a serious music system or multichannel audio/video system. Excellent fidelity from twin 100mm (4”) MMP®II mid/bass drivers and a 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter, coupled with a svelte profile provides the opportunity to enjoy great sound and discreet design all in one package. A choice of luxury real-wood or lacquer finishes supplies a lustrous appeal, giving the R270HD a tactile sense of quality that feels at home anywhere.
- 2 x 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Terminals are located on the plinth for ease of cable management and routing.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front and rear ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- Mass loaded cabinet lower section (factory filled) provides better stability and bass damping.
- Taller cabinets – for better imaging and cosmetic appearance.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
48 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
20 - 150 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Front and rear ported
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone bass/mid driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): mm (inches)
1000 x 125 x 140 mm
(39 3/8 x 4 15/16 x 5 1/2)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
10.2 (22 1/2)
Leo van Kassel
I have them now for one week, and i am verry happy, so much detail.
My wife is verry happy to.
Add a review