The R90HD is a high-class mini monitor. Unprecedented enclosure rigidity and leading edge drive unit technology in the shape of a 100mm (4”) MMP®II mid/bass driver and 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter combine to produce clarity, dynamics and imaging abilities that are unparalleled in a speaker of this size. It can fill a room with high fidelity sound and yet visually melt into the background. The R90HD can be installed easily on ceiling or wall using the same high quality angled bracket supplied. Use the optional bespoke RadiusHD stand for floor positions.
- 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
80 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
10 - 100 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Bass reflex - rear ported
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone mid-bass driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): mm (inches)
198 x 125 x 140 mm
(7 13/16 x 4 15/16 x 5 1/2)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
2 (4 3/8)
I have had a couple of R90hd in my living room for the last couple of years, and I still think they sound great. The setup is simple: turntable, amp, speakers. They are not the most powerfull speakers around, but my living room is small and I don't need them loud or big.
I purchased this set because I was able to test a dozen of speakers at the shop. All of a similar size and power, and after a couple of hours of listening these MA sounded better to me than the rest.
I hope they last for years.
Add a review