If you can trade a little space for more bass, the slightly larger, more versatile Radius 180 offers the same irresistible blend of virtues as the R90, but can be installed vertically as a main, side or rear speaker, or horizontally as a center channel speaker in a multi-channel music or movie system.
Its enhanced bass performance makes it the perfect choice as a standalone speaker where a subwoofer isn’t required. Combined with a Radius subwoofer however, the R180 forms part of a formidably powerful stereo or multi-channel home cinema system.
As with the R90, the R180 is supplied with a high quality die-cast metal wall bracket and both black and silver grilles. The elegant and optional Radius floor-stand provides further positional flexibility.
- Unique drivers designed and tooled for Radius. The new cast bass-mid chassis is made from high-tech glass loaded engineering polymer that provides better damping than metal and increased overall strength.
- 4" MMP®II. Monitor Audio's second generation Metal Matrix Polymer cone material now uses a high-pressure injection moulding process to achieve different thicknesses at desired points of the cone geometry for greater stiffness and consistency resulting in superior bass and clearer mid-range frequencies.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or video displays.
- High quality crossover uses high grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Sealed cabinet design with rigid MDF construction throughout.
- Smooth radius edges reduce diffraction effects for better imaging.
- Front ported design (180).
- Perforated metal grilles supplied in both black and silver to match individual decor or taste.
- Specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket system (supplied) provides 20 degrees of vertical and horizontal pivoting for easy positioning.
60 Hz - 25 KHz
Power Handling Single: (RMS)
System Power Handling: (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
10 - 100
Front Ported Bass Reflex
Drive Unit Compliment
1 x 101 mm (4") MMP®II (Next generation Metal Matrix Polymer)
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM® gold gome
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
350 x 120 x 95 mm
13 3/4 x 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch
2.3 Kg (5 lb)
Add a review