The slender Radius 225 ‘Plasma’ is a versatile loudspeaker, which by virtue of its very shallow depth is ideal for use with slim video displays or Plasma TVs, as a centre channel or main speaker. The sheer quality of its design provides the wonderful accuracy of Monitor Audio’s reference speakers, but its impressive size-defying bass performance can be further extended with the addition of a Radius active subwoofer. Use the 225s with the R360 or R720 to create a compact, perfectly matched yet sonically exhilarating audio/video speaker system. Supplied with full-length oval black or silver grilles, and in the comprehensive Radius range of finishes, the Radius 225 can be customised to complement its environment from wall-mounted positions, via the slim-profile bracket supplied, or from the desktop using the optional stand.
- Wall mounted system for use with video/Plasma TV displays.
- Bespoke 4" MMP®II drivers (custom designed for the 225).
- D’Appolitto driver array provides good dispersion and fantastic mid-band clarity and presence.
- New cast bass chassis made from high-tech glass loaded engineering polymer provides better damping properties than metal and increased overall strength.
- 1” Gold C-CAM® tweeter.
- Magnetically shielded drivers for safe use near sensitive microprocessor equipment or video displays.
- Versatile design: horizontal or vertical mounting with ‘key hole’ type wall fixings.
- Recessed terminal panel to allow mounting directly on the wall.
- Rigid MDF construction throughout.
- Smooth radius edges reduce diffraction effects and provide better imaging properties.
- Front-ported reflex design.
- Full length oval perforated grilles supplied in black and silver can be customised to suit individual décor and taste.
- Crossover uses high quality components: high grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors are used throughout for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors are used to give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling, resulting in enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. Through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Specially developed high-grade PCOFC internal cable used throughout for maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
55 Hz - 25 KHz
Power Handling Single: (RMS)
System Power Handling: (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
40 - 140
Front Ported Bass Reflex
Drive Unit Compliment
2 x 4" (101 mm) MMP®II (Next generation Metal Matrix polymer)
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
610 x 120 x 105 mm
24 x 4 3/4 x 4 1/8 inch
4.2 Kg (9 1/4 lb)
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Radius - R225 - Review
“While the fronts deliver impeccable stereo and tight, punchy dialogue, the rears manage to pick out the…whiz of every snowspeeder. But it’s the subwoofer that really wows us. It accurately portrays the sudden self-destruction of the imperial droid on Hoth as Han and Chewbacca look on, and with music it serves the integrated finesse of the speakers very well.”
Add a review