Radius 90 is a high-class mini monitor, only smaller. In contrast to the stark metal appearance of most A/V satellites, it has the same sumptuous real wood veneer and lacquer finishes that grace Monitor Audio’s reference speakers. It offers the same engineering standards and attention to detail as well, right down to the radius-edged corners of the cabinet and high-quality, gold-plated cable terminals.
Unprecedented enclosure rigidity and leading edge drive unit technology produce clarity, dynamics and imaging abilities that are unparalleled in a speaker of this size. It can fill a room with high fidelity sound and yet, visually melt into the background.
- Unique drivers designed and tooled for Radius. The new cast bass-mid chassis is made from high-tech glass loaded engineering polymer that provides better damping than metal and increased overall strength.
- 4" MMP® II. Monitor Audio's second generation Metal Matrix Polymer cone material now uses a high-pressure injection moulding process to achieve different thicknesses at desired points of the cone geometry for greater stiffness and consistency resulting in superior bass and clearer mid-range frequencies.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter extends to 25kHz.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or video displays.
- High quality crossover uses high grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Rear ported design with rigid MDF construction throughout.
- Smooth radius edges reduce diffraction effects for better imaging.
- Video silver lacquer and real wood veneer finishes.
- Perforated metal grilles supplied in both black and silver to match individual decor or taste.
- Specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket system (supplied) provides 20 degrees of vertical and horizontal pivoting for easy positioning.
85 Hz - 25 KHz
Power Handling Single: (RMS)
System Power Handling: (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
10 - 100
Rear Ported Bass Reflex
Drive Unit Compliment
1 x 101 mm (4") MMP®II (Next generation Metal Matrix Polymer)
1 x 1” (25 mm) C-CAM® gold dome
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
190 x 120 x 140 mm
7 1/2 x 4 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch
2.03 Kg (4 1/2 lb)
What Home Cinema Best Buy
Radius - R90 - Review“A lot of technology and subtle design detail is hidden behind the svelte exteriors, and the result is a system that really works. Even without the subwoofer, the five satellites provide an impressively muscular, yet finely detailed sound. Add in the sub and the system develops a real sense of power and authority when stirred by suitable programme material.”
Home Cinema Choice
Radius - R90 - Review“Musically, the Monitor Audio R90AV is as bright as a button, metaphorically if not tonally. Tonally, it is as close to neutral as you will hear from a sub/sat system of this calibre and dynamically it is a lot less stilted than most. The overall effect is of a system that is vivid and lively, and that makes listening to music and movies alike an engaging musical experience.”
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
“Now it's got it right. In fact, the latest Radius package, the R90AV-12, is so right it might well threaten the status of the current class leaders...the result is magical: this compact set-up has bags of drive, and - boy! - it goes loud”
Add a review