The S50 is designed to coordinate with video displays of up to 50". It features dual 4" RDT® drivers and a 25mm C-CAM® tweeter in a D’Appolito array, augmented on either side by dual ABRs.
- Ultra-slim depth of just 40mm (1½") complements the slimmest TV screens.
- Designed and tuned to provide optimum sound quality when flush wall mounted.
- Black anodised aluminium finish for excellent aesthetic results.
- Easy installation: flat to wall fixings, invisible cable entry/connection and a removable magnetic grille make installation simple and seamless.
- A single alloy extrusion provides a slender profile, maximises the internal cabinet volume and offers high rigidity to suppress resonance.
- A specially developed 25mm C-CAM® tweeter features a unique venting and rear loading chamber for low resonance and clean pure sound down to the low frequency crossover point.
- 4" low profile bass-midrange drivers feature a flat RDT® sandwich diaphragm constructed from C-CAM® and Rohacell materials.
- Unique 'floating' driver mounting reduces colouration: the drivers bolt to the rear of the cabinet and are de-coupled from the baffle at the front in an airtight neoprene seal.
- A special 'concertina' driver suspension design provides high excursion from a low profile assembly.
- 4" low profile ABR drivers are individually tuned, providing punchy bass without the noise associated with ported designs.
80Hz – 30kHz
2 x 4" flat diaphragm mid-bass drivers
2 x 4" flat diaphragm ABR drivers
1 x 25mm C-CAM® tweeter
with vented loading system
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Power Handling With amplifier crossover set to
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Recommended H.P crossover frequency
Overall Dimensions (HxWxD)
686 x 156.6 x 40 mm
27 x 6 3/16 x 1½ Inches
3.24kg (7Ib, 2oz)
Excite Award Winner
Each year, CustomRetailer magazine invites nominations of products that stand out for being innovative, high-performing and solutions-oriented for the custom installation professional. This year's winners stood out as particularly impressive, considering the unique challenges custom installers face every day on the job. The impact these products have on the industry is felt in the installers' productivity, the dealers' profitability, the clients' satisfaction and the industry's vitality.
Congratulations to Monitor Audio's Shadow Series.
Shadow with Substance
They’re great to look at, but there’s so much more to our super-skinny Shadow on-wall speakers than meets the eye. We’ve taken our best audio technologies and optimised their performance for the demands of the slimmest cabinets. This means that even though the wall-hugging Shadow speakers are a mere 40mm in depth, they generate the full frequency sound of a much larger design. Our confidence is confirmed by the latest review, from Sound and Vision magazine, which says that the Shadows play ‘loud, clean and clear’, with ‘excellent volume output for their size’, concluding that ‘the Monitor Audio Shadow series speakers play really loud and sound really good. Yeah, on-walls are still a compromise, but when you hear these, I think you’ll agree that the compromise is minimal.’
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- Dedicated centre-channel speaker; a perfect match for the S50 and S60
- Ultra slim 1.5” depth
- 4” RDT® bass/mid drivers
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Dual 4” ABR drivers
- Supplied with feet for use with an AV rack
- On-wall 3-way surround/centre channel speaker
- Bespoke grille cloth design option
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 4” C-CAM IDC® midrange driver
- Quick and easy installation
- High frequency level adjustment