The Shadow centre is designed as a dedicated centre-channel speaker. Having the same drive unit configuration as the S50 and S60, it’s the perfect match for these speakers in a high performance home theatre system.
- Ultra-slim depth of just 40mm (1½") complements the slimmest TV screens.
- Designed and tuned to provide optimum sound quality when flush wall mounted.
- Black anodised aluminium finish for excellent aesthetic results.
- Easy installation: flat to wall fixings, invisible cable entry/connection and a removable magnetic grille make installation simple and seamless.
- A single alloy extrusion provides a slender profile, maximises the internal cabinet volume and offers high rigidity to suppress resonance.
- A specially developed 25mm C-CAM® tweeter features a unique venting and rear loading chamber for low resonance and clean pure sound down to the low frequency crossover point.
- 4" low profile bass-midrange drivers feature a flat RDT® sandwich diaphragm constructed from C-CAM® and Rohacell materials.
- Unique 'floating' driver mounting reduces colouration: the drivers bolt to the rear of the cabinet and are de-coupled from the baffle at the front in an airtight neoprene seal.
- A special 'concertina' driver suspension design provides high excursion from a low profile assembly.
- 4" low profile ABR drivers are individually tuned, providing punchy bass without the noise associated with ported designs.
70Hz – 30kHz
2 x 4" flat diaphragm mid-bass drivers
2 x 4" flat diaphragm ABR drivers
1 x 25mm C-CAM® tweeter
with vented loading system
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Power HandlingWith amplifier crossover set to
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Recommended H.P crossover frequency
Overall Dimensions(H x W x D)
815 x 156.6 x 40 mm
32 x 63/16 x 1½ Inches
3.72kg (8Ib, 3oz)
Excite Award Winner
Each year, CustomRetailer magazine invites nominations of products that stand out for being innovative, high-performing and solutions-oriented for the custom installation professional. This year's winners stood out as particularly impressive, considering the unique challenges custom installers face every day on the job. The impact these products have on the industry is felt in the installers' productivity, the dealers' profitability, the clients' satisfaction and the industry's vitality.
Congratulations to Monitor Audio's Shadow Series.
Shadow with Substance
They’re great to look at, but there’s so much more to our super-skinny Shadow on-wall speakers than meets the eye. We’ve taken our best audio technologies and optimised their performance for the demands of the slimmest cabinets. This means that even though the wall-hugging Shadow speakers are a mere 40mm in depth, they generate the full frequency sound of a much larger design. Our confidence is confirmed by the latest review, from Sound and Vision magazine, which says that the Shadows play ‘loud, clean and clear’, with ‘excellent volume output for their size’, concluding that ‘the Monitor Audio Shadow series speakers play really loud and sound really good. Yeah, on-walls are still a compromise, but when you hear these, I think you’ll agree that the compromise is minimal.’
Add a review
You might also like
- Ultra slim surround sound speaker, ideal for displays above 50"
- Dedicated Centre-channel
- 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
- Versatile LCR (left, centre, right) speaker
- Integrated fully-sealed back box
- 4” MMP®II bass driver, 1” C-CAM® pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB)