For ultra-discreet sound all around the home, or partnered with the Radius 380 sub for explosive stereo, the original hi-fi mini monitor continues to evolve, incorporating a 4” C-CAM® bass driver and 1” C-CAM tweeter.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
80Hz - 35KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Bass reflex - Rear ported
1 x 4” (100mm) C-CAM® cone bass/mid driver
1 x 1” (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)
198 x 125 x 140mm
(713/16 x 415/16 x 51/2 Inches)
Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Terminals)
198 x 125 x 164mm
(713/16 x 415/16 x 67/16 Inches)
Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Bracket)
198 x 125 x 203mm
(713/16 x 415/16 x 8 Inches)
Optional - Monitor Audio Speaker Mount (MASM)
2.1kg (4lb 10oz)
AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015: Radius R90HT1
Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice have teamed up for the AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015, naming Monitor Audio the winner in two categories!
Radius R90HT1, our super compact AV system won "Best Compact Speaker System". "This system mixes both eager dynamism and impressive scale with poise and insight."
Read more in the AV Tech Media Awards supplement included with the Awards issues of Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice.
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
2014 Accolade Caps another Great Year for Mighty Radius
The stunning verdict in the ‘Best Style Package £1400-£1800’ category means that if you’re upgrading your home theatre sound with this kind of budget, you can’t buy better than the five-star Radius R90HT1 system! Seduced by the ‘punch and precision’ of our stylish space-saving compact, the review reads “the surround field is like an airtight unit, with effects flowing smoothly and consistently between each channel…with price, performance and practicality on its side, the Radius ticks all the boxes.”
Home Cinema Choice
"One of the best compact 5.1 systems money can buy? Certainly."
The Radius R90HT1 speaker package achieved a Best Buy award and review In the latest issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine. Danny Phillips provides an in-depth account of his experience with our system:
"Whether pounding out the funky basslines of an Earth Wind and Fire track or teasing the darkly mellifluous tones of Gretchen Parlato's Henya, the R90HT1 demonstrates outstanding timing, agility and detail retrieval."
"Seamless, coherent soundstage; wonderful detail reproduction; superb bass grip and slam; stunning design."
Read the full review in the February 2014 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine.
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Best Style Speaker Package 2013
As the ‘Best style package £1400-£1800’, the R90HT1 “sounds wonderfully cohesive and entertaining – it’s up there with the very best at this price.” The 2013 award joins a cluster of accolades for the ground-breaking Radius line. Exemplified by the R90HT1, the latest Radius evolution is “a brilliantly balanced and multi-talented all-rounder.”
Latest Radius Gets a Perfect 10
Designer sat/sub speaker systems come and go, but one just keeps getting better. Back in the 90s Monitor Audio’s Radius showed the industry how to blend high performance and glossy good looks with rooms of any size, shape and colour. The latest Radius evolution burnishes a peerless reputation with even better sound and aesthetics as Danny Philips discovered when testing the new R90HT1 system for Trusted Reviews.
As a former ‘What Video’ editor and an experienced freelance tech journalist, Danny’s qualified to place the R90HT1 at the very top of the pecking order with a perfect 10/10 score and a coveted ‘Editor’s Choice’ badge. Citing a big soundstage from small speakers, superb detail and dialogue clarity and gorgeous build quality and design, he says “it’s beautifully made, offers powerful, polished sound quality and looks stunning – pretty much everything we look for in a speaker system. If you have the cash, it’s worth every penny… If you’re looking for a speaker system on a £1,500 budget then stick the R90HT1 on your shopping list pronto. We’ve heard some pretty special speaker systems of late, including the Quad L-ite Plus and the Cambridge Audio Aero, but the Radius trumps them all”.
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Hi-Fi Choice recommends Monitor Audio's Radius 90s.
The new Monitor Audio Radius 90 has secured a full five stars, as well as being dubbed a Hi-Fi Choice Recommended product in the December 2013 issue of Hi-Fi Choice magazine. Esteemed reviewer David Price praised their performance in the in-depth feature:
"Those unfamiliar with the Radius 90 who come into a room with a pair of them playing will often do two things; first they'll remark on how tiny they are, and then they'll ask, 'But where are the main speakers?'. This shows how they're able to make a sound that is almost TARDIS-like - one that totally defies their physical dimensions."
"The tweeter is superb; spacious and extended yet smooth and delicate, it makes for a wonderfully open and finely etched sound. The new mid/bass unit is more detailed and faster than before and this improves things further still. The end result is a little loudspeaker that's quite simply big audio dynamite!'
Read the full feature in the December issue of Hi-Fi Choice Magazine available now.
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
New Radius launches with five stars
The next generation of Radius has arrived, complete with new models, greater versatility and higher, wider, deeper sound. The eight-strong model line-up includes still slimmer versions of the 225 centre speaker and Radius One soundbar, together with a new Radius 200 centre-channel for shelf or rack mounting, and two enormously powerful yet super-compact active subwoofers: Radius 380 and 390.
And the re-energised line-up has already shown its quality by collecting five glorious stars from What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine. In its October 13 issue, the UK’s most dynamic forum for high value AV performance is suitably awed by the new Radius R90 HT1 package, starring the refreshed 90s, new 200 centre and bass-bulging R390 sub. It says “if you yearn for a discrete 5.1 set-up, this should be on your radar, because it’s a remarkable success…integration between fronts, rears and the sub is seamless. The surround field is gapless, effects flow between channels effortlessly and you’re immersed in the action…it (the 390) displays a potent combination of precision and weight with no fear of bottoming out or losing its grip”.
Living with great audio has never been easier.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- Versatile Center/Surround Channel
- 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Dedicated bracket included
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
- Flagship compact speaker
- 5.5” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Luxurious die-cast alloy cabinet
"The simple pleasure of natural sound"
Our PL500 IIs stand tall in this Bristol Show 2016 roundup
Now featured in Bathroom & Kitchen Update (BKU) magazine