Silver 10 is a completely new model introduction, comprising a three-way configuration in a large floor-standing tower system. Equipped to energise the largest of rooms with naturally explicit wideband audio from music and film sources.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Dual 8” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
30Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
80 - 200W
Twin HiVe®II port System
MF/HF: 2.7 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 8" RST® Bass drivers.
1 x 4" RST Mid-range driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth)
1050 x 230 x 300 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 11 13/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 323 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 12 11/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille & Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 335 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 13 3/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Plinth & Feet)
1071 x 290 x 360 mm
(42 3/16 x 11 7/16 x 14 3/16 inch)
26.03 Kg (57 lb 4oz)
Silver 10 delivers again
Spencer Holbert has put our Silver 10 through an extensive test, of which the results of the review have come back in a glowing manner. Spencer goes on to say the following:
"But I said setup was easy, right? It was. After I moved the Silver 10s away from the rear wall and set them 9.5 feet apart, I toed them in about 10 degrees and adjusted the feet...and that's it. I played around with a few other setups, but the more I tweaked, the more I wanted to go back to the first setting. Maybe it was just blind luck, but I think it has more to do with Monitor Audio's design philosophy, which seems to be a set-it-and-forget-it mentality (all of its speakers are also part of multichannel lines, so the home-theater enthusiast is kept in mind). The sweet spot was sufficiently wide to sound uniform whether I sat forward or back, leaned left or right in my chair. Having to remain in a single position to ensure that imaging doesn't shift can be very tedious, and I loved that the Silver 10s were forgiving."
"My friends and I like all kinds of music, so a full-range loudspeaker is a natural choice. This is where the Silver 10s competent low-end extension was a major plus. Whether classical or rap, jazz or rock, or anything in between, the Silver 10s provided plenty of respectably controlled bass. They were really impressive when listening to Rebecca Pidgeon's rendition of "Ain't No Sunshine" on Chesky Records' 96/24 The World's Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings. The upright bass stayed taut and punchy, just to the left of Pidgeon's voice, and sounded eerily like a real bass in the room."
He concludes with "the Monitor Audio Silver 10s have renewed their faith in high-end audio, and mine as well. I see a new speaker purchase in their sonic future."
Audio Fidelity (Poland)
So Hot, they’re ‘Cool’!
Polish audio magazine ‘High Fidelity’ has fallen for the silky control offered by our new Silver 10s. Reviewer Wojciech Pacula is impressed by the speaker’s ‘cool’ ability to combine the consistency of expensive stand-mount speakers with the scale of a floor stander, so much so that the 10s have joined the mag’s ‘Best Product 2013’ list. He says “with the Silver 10 we get a smooth, delicate, large-scale sound with a flourish and powerful bass. You do not need expensive electronics to get them to sound really great! You just need to ensure that power is sufficient. If so, it’s hard to imagine a system in which Silver 10 ever sounds uncontrolled or uncool - on the contrary "coolness" is their trademark.”
(Translated from Polish.)
I bought the silver 10s to replace a pair of rogers ls7e I didn't think I would get the performance of the rogers but I was wrong when I run them in for about 500 hours the base was deep and solid and the highs of the tweeters is immensely projected and the mid range brings them all together for a great sound stage it doesn't mater if you listen to classical or thrash metal these speakers are a delight they were by far the best speakers under £2000 I tried and I tried a lot if your looking at speakers you must give these an audition you wont be disappointed
I purchased my Silver 10's about 2 months ago and have been in the process of breaking them in as suggested by dealer and Monitor Audio. In all honesty they just keep sounding better and better with each passing hour of play time. We were thoroughly impressed with the 10's after a good listening session in the dealers room and took home those pair for further auditioning at home. Didn't take but another 24 hours before I told the dealer to order me a pair in Rose-nut because I was sold ! The speakers displaced what where my favorites since 1997 and I've listened to many speakers over that time but the 10's were the only ones to convince me it was time to move on. They play all types of music equally well and it's all there the bass, mids, highs and a large soundstage. I am extremely happy I stopped into Sound Advice on that Sunday about 2 months ago because I have rediscovered many of my older CD's and Lp's. Thank you Monitor Audio for producing such a fine product that is affordable and gives you more then just a taste of the high end.
Add a review
You might also like
- Active Subwoofer with 12” concave C-CAM® driver
- Class D amplifier, DSP processing
- Automatic Position Correction (APR®)
- Top mounted control panel
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings
- Premium quality finishes
- In-wall speaker with pivoting driver / tweeter module for optimum imaging
- Integrated fully-sealed back box
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 4” C-CAM inverted midrange driver
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High/mid frequency level adjustments (3dB), Boundary compensation control
- Advanced 3-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 4” C-CAM RST inverted midrange driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB), Boundary compensation control