Combining audiophile standards of resolution and dynamics, the 2-way Silver 2 will fill medium to large rooms with glorious audio in two-channel stereo or multi-channel cinema applications.
Speaker stand depicted in image gallery, courtesy of Atacama.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- 8” bass driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
40Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Bass reflex - rear ported
HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 8" RST® Bass/Mid driver
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions excluding Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 300 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 1113/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions including Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 323 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 1211/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions Including Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 335 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 133/16 inch)
9.7 Kg (21 lb 6 oz)
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Silver 2: Hi-Fi Choice Recommended!
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine is celebrating 2014 in their Yearbook of essential tech, with our very own Silver 2 bookshelf speaker featuring in a shining review!
"they offer a more gutsy yet relaxed presentation that's very good at carrying dynamic accents that most others miss."
"the Monitor Audio tweeter proves one of the best in the group, with real delicacy that makes others seem ragged."
Awarded with a Hi-Fi Choice Recommended badge, the Silver 2 leaves a lasting impression:
"Excellent all rounder with a performance way beyond its price."
Read the full review in the Hi-Fi Choice Yearbook 2014 (issue 392) available now.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8” C-CAM® bass driver, 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB)
- Boundary compensation control
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- Luxuriously finished 2-way bookshelf speaker
- Updated 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® driver
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grille
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology