The Silver 6 floorstander incorporates a 6” C-CAM® RST® bass driver and bass/mid driver in a 2 1/2 way system configuration. An outstanding communicator of music and film audio in medium to large rooms.
Speaker stand depicted in image gallery, courtesy of Atacama.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- 6” bass and 6” bass/mid-range drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system for higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
35Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Dual Chamber, Bass reflex with differential tuning.
Twin HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 6" RST® Bass driver.
1 x 6" RST Bass/Mid driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions excluding Grille, Terminals and Plinth: (H x W x D)
885 x 185 x 240 mm
(34 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 9 7/16 inch)
External Dimensions including Terminals: (HxWxD)
885 x 185 x 263 mm
(34 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 10 3/8 inch)
External Dimensions including Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
885 x 185 x 275 mm
(3413/16 x 75/16 x 1013/16 inch)
External Dimensions including Plinth & Feet: (HxWxD)
936 x 245 x 300 mm
(367/8 x 95/8 x 1113/16 inch)
16.5 Kg (40 lb 8 oz)
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that “…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
Soundstage Access Reviewer's Choice!
"As sharp as the Monitors looked, what grabbed my attention was their sound... I could crank these speakers to great effect, enjoying clean output at volumes unsafe for extended listening. They were as comfortable reproducing the sound of a solo violin as of a symphony orchestra, and their ability to convey real-life dynamics was exemplary."
"No other compact music system that I am aware of could capture the scale of this music so effortlessly, or so energize a listening room, as did these in mine."
"...the Silver 6 is a great place to start -- and, perhaps, finish. This is a tightly contested segment of the speaker market, and there are other worthy options, but they don’t all look as good as the Silver 6, and even fewer offer the sort of clarity and resolution of these amazing performers."
Home Cinema Choice
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as;
"a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
The system teams the Slender Silver 6 floor stander with the acoustically matched Silver Centre and dual-dispersion FX surrounds, for an enveloping audio experience. All of this, supported by a rich layer of deep bass potency from the awesome 500 watt Silver W12 subwoofer means the Silver 6AV12 unifies form and function, and produces nothing less than precise and compelling sound. What Hi-Fi? agreed that this wonderfully complete package delivers a "..sound quality that will worry most rivals" and concluded that the system delivers "Well matched; seamless integration with the subwoofer; insight and precision; finish."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.
I just bought a pair of Silver 6 and the Silver W12 sub. What an amazing sound!! When writing this I'm listening to Fourplay with Michael McDonald on "My love is leaving". The presence and clarity are outstanding. When the bass comes in, you can simply touch the music. I also realized that this setup allows you to listen to the music on low volume without losing anything. However, when you open the volume, the sound is simply spectacular.
I have just purchased a pair of piano black Silver 6 speakers. They offer exceptional sound quality across the spectrum, with solid bass, wide soundstage and clarity that will bring a new appreciation to long forgotten music. They will be with me until the new model is available.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- Outstanding 3-way floorstander
- 6” C-CAM® RST® bass drivers, 4” C-CAM bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12