The Silver 8 has a new three-way design, optimised to deliver superb midrange focus and precision as well as extended bass. Effortless room-filling dynamics, even in larger spaces.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
32Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
80 - 200W
Twin HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6" RST® Bass drivers.
1 x 4" RST Mid-range driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth: (HxWxD)
1000 x 185 x 300 mm
(39 3/8 x 7 5/16 x 11 13/16 inch)
Cabinet Dimensions including Terminals: (HxWxD)
1000 x 185 x 323 mm
(39 3/8 x 7 5/16 x 12 11/16 inch)
Cabinet Dimensions including Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
1000 x 185 x 335 mm
(39 3/8 x 7 5/16 x 13 3/16 inch)
Cabinet Dimensions including Plinth & Feet: (HxWxD)
1021 x 245 x 360 mm
(40 3/16 x 9 5/8 x 14 3/16 inch)
23.33 Kg (51 lb 6oz)
AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015: Silver 8
Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice have teamed up for the AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015, naming Monitor Audio the winner in two categories!
Our Silver 8 floorstander was named "Best Floorstanding Speaker". "Bass is well articulated, midband is crisp yet smooth and treble is beautifully detailed. The Silver 8 delivers a rewarding performance with everything you throw at it, and is sublime at the price."
Read more in the AV Tech Media Awards supplement included with the Awards issues of Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice.
Silver 8; "Highly Recommended"
Steve Withers, Assistant Editor of AV Forums, has tested our Silver 8 speakers resulting in a Highly Recommended badge and a standout review:
"The performance was excellent, with the speakers delivering an open and warm soundstage that retained both detail and clarity. The positioning and localisation of instruments within the stereo imaging was also impressive and the mid-range was well served by the design, as was the low-end thanks to two 6.5" drivers. As a result the Silver 8s produced a sound that was rich and refined but also had plenty of range, meaning they can handle just about anything from female vocals to bass heavy rock to a full orchestra."
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Silver 8s awarded an Editor's Choice
Established reviewer David Price has tested our Silver 8 floorstanding speaker in the latest issue of Hi-Fi Choice.
Immediately impressing with all it offered the Silver 8 earned full marks, collecting 5 out of 5 stars and an Editor's Choice award! Following a gleaming review David concluded with it's all round strength:
"As any good football manager knows, the easiest way to win is not to lose - and the Monitor Audio Silver 8 is an arch exponent of this. It simply doesn't give goals away gladly; there's little weakness on show in any respect. This is an excellent all-round loudspeaker that most will really enjoy."
Read the full review in the August 2014 issue of Hi-Fi Choice.
Canada HiFi Magazine
Canada HiFi Magazine reviews Silver 8.
"What’s not to like?" Canada HiFi Magazine asked when they reviewed our Silver 8.
"I was not expecting this much involvement from such a modestly priced floorstander. I was testing it alongside a number of higher priced models, and it never embarrassed itself in their company. I suspect the gold domed tweeter is responsible for a good part of my satisfaction. It has a wide dispersion so you are not limited to a narrow sweet spot, and it offers excellent extension and strong levels of detail without sounding etched."
Read the full review here.
I have just replaced my trusty old Silver 8i s with a gleaming piano black pair of Silver 8s. It as if a veil has been lifted! They keep getting better as they run in.. Wonderful midrange and great balance. They work brilliantly with my Naim Unitilite. Warmly recommended.
Add a review
You might also like
- Active Subwoofer with 12” concave C-CAM® driver
- Class D amplifier, DSP processing
- Automatic Position Correction (APR®)
- Top mounted control panel
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings
- Premium quality finishes
- Luxuriously finished 3-Way floorstander
- Twin 5 1/2” RST® C-CAM® bass drivers
- 4” C-CAM midrange driver with RST
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology
- Magnetic Grilles (no visible fixings)
- Advanced in-wall speakers
- Integrated fully-sealed back box
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, C-CAM pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB), Boundary compensation control
Further praise for our versatile streaming speaker!
Our "Excellent all rounder" bookshelf speaker excels in its latest review.
Best Compact Speaker System and Best Floorstanding Speaker