The compact Silver Centre features twin 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid-range drivers in a familiar M-T-M array. The Silver Centre has been tuned to match the tonal character of its Silver range mates for a seamless front sound stage in multi-channel applications.
Speaker stand depicted in image gallery, courtesy of Atacama.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Two–way M-T-M configuration in a sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in cabinet or close to a wall.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Acoustically matched to silver speaker system for excellent imaging and timbre consistency.
2 Way (M-T-M)
45Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6" RST® Bass/Mid driver
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille & Terminals)
185 x 500 x 200 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 7 7/8 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Terminals)
185 x 500 x 223 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 8 3/4 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Grille & Terminals)
185 x 500 x 235 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 9 1/4 inch)
9.6 Kg (21 lb 2 oz)
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that “…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
Home Cinema Choice
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as;
"a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
The system teams the Slender Silver 6 floor stander with the acoustically matched Silver Centre and dual-dispersion FX surrounds, for an enveloping audio experience. All of this, supported by a rich layer of deep bass potency from the awesome 500 watt Silver W12 subwoofer means the Silver 6AV12 unifies form and function, and produces nothing less than precise and compelling sound. What Hi-Fi? agreed that this wonderfully complete package delivers a "..sound quality that will worry most rivals" and concluded that the system delivers "Well matched; seamless integration with the subwoofer; insight and precision; finish."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.
Add a review
You might also like
- Outstanding 2 1/2-way floorstander
- 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12
- Flagship Compact Speaker
- 2 x 5 1/2" C-CAM® mid/bass driver
- Dual Orientation
- Dedicated Wall Bracket
- Luxurious die-cast alloy cabinet
- Dual HiVe®II front ports