The Silver W12 active subwoofer's 500 watt DSP controlled amplifier utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques and superior processing to increase dynamic control and deliver far greater head-room. A sealed box construction ensures tight, fast and tuneful bass all the way down to a thunderous 22Hz in a typical room set up.
- Ultra long throw 12” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) cone.
- Triple suspended driver for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
- Oversized black anodized 3” driver voice coil provides high power handling and low distortion.
- Powerful 500 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
- DSP processing with driver optimisation and crossover performed digitally.
- Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction® (APC) optimises response for room acoustics.
- USB input for firmware updates.
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact).
- 12 volt trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor.
- 25mm (1”) MDF construction.
- Heavy radial cabinet bracing.
- Top mounted control panel for easy access to main features.
- Selected real wood veneer or high gloss piano finishes.
Low Frequency Response
20Hz (Typical IEC room)
Upper Frequency Limit
40 - 120Hz Variable
Low Pass Filter Alignment
Active 4th order 24dB/Octave
Amplifier Power Output
Class-D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
Bass EQ Profiles
1: Movie, 2: Music, 3: Impact
0 & 81 degrees
Line Level >2mV
Input Level Requirements
Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
1 x 12" C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil
12v Trigger Input
5 - 12v via 3.5mm mono mini-jack socket
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille & Amp)
340 x 340 x 380mm
(13 3/8 x 13 3/8 x 14 15/16 inch)
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille, Amp & Feet)
370 x 340 x 410mm
(14 9/16 x 13 3/8 x 16 1/8 inch)
Mains Input Voltage
110 - 120 Vac / 220 - 240 Vac 50/60Hz (Electronically Auto selected)
400 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
20.1Kg (44 lb 4 oz)
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that “…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
Home Cinema Choice
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as;
"a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
The system teams the Slender Silver 6 floor stander with the acoustically matched Silver Centre and dual-dispersion FX surrounds, for an enveloping audio experience. All of this, supported by a rich layer of deep bass potency from the awesome 500 watt Silver W12 subwoofer means the Silver 6AV12 unifies form and function, and produces nothing less than precise and compelling sound. What Hi-Fi? agreed that this wonderfully complete package delivers a "..sound quality that will worry most rivals" and concluded that the system delivers "Well matched; seamless integration with the subwoofer; insight and precision; finish."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision.
Add a review
You might also like
- Adds deep bass frequencies to architectural speaker systems
- Excels in a range of wall, ceiling, even floor locations
- Range consists of; Sub, Backbox and Amp
- Tri-Grip® clamping system
- Incredibly Discreet
- Wider retrofit possibilities without Backbox
- Stylish, Compact Subwoofer
- Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Class D amplifier
- Stereo/LFE RCA inputs
- 3 x Pre-set EQ settings
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel