The CSS230 is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50mm (2”) mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
Between 2” stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3” mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 61/2” driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigour, the crossover comprises high quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50mm (2”) designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one (pictured right)
- Driver configuration of three 3” C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with décor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
Frequency Response (-6dB)
100Hz – 30KHz sealed ‘CP’ (85Hz – 30KHz –open back)
Sensitivity (1W @ 1M)
Power Handling (RMS)
40 Watts – Full range (60 watts with crossover set to 100Hz @ 12dB/Octave)
Recommended Amp Requirements
10 - 60w
Drive Unit Complement
3 x 3” C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
1 x 19mm (3/4”) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
Crossover Recommendation - using an AVR
100Hz at a minimum of 12dB/Octave (24dB/Octave optimum)
Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – for bare wire connection up to 4mm(2)
Overall Diameter (including grille)
250mm (9 13/16”)
Overall Depth (including grille)
250mm (9 13/16”)
Cut Out Diameter
211mm (8 1/4”)
3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
ABS (UL94 rated, RoHS2 Compliant) – Painted steel grille
Add a review